Friday, July 10, 2009

Catching up with Kean and June

Kean's favorite things, as of July 10, 2009
Balls of all sizes
Eating Pepper's dog food (don't call DYFS, he hasn't swallowed any-yet.)
Bath time (this kid could play in there for hours)
Porridge
Stealing June's cup and "drinking" from it
Walking, climbing the stairs and most recently, scaling the rocking chair. Oy.
Squatting and standing as we say "down" and "up"
Music. Goes bonkers (one of June's favorite new words) for Love Shack. Video forthcoming.
Broccoli
Tofu
Fruit
And, of course, his big sister, who he thinks ROCKS. Good thing, because June told me the other day that when she and Kean grow up, "we're going to get married, just like you and Daddy." Hmmm.

June's Favorite New Words besides "bonkers"
Bashful
Greedy
Bossy (we learned it in Chinese too, so now she walks around the house telling me not to be ai-guang-shi.
Topsy-turvy

Other funny things coming out of her mouth:
Seeing me scratch my head, she says, "Don't pick your brain, Mama."
Getting ready to go out in the sun, she says. "Put some tan-tan lotion on me."
It's not mashed potatotes, it's masha potatoes.
And my favorite one recently: "Baby girls come from China, and baby boys come from Korea."

The best $1.49 spent this week, drumroll please: the humble spray bottle. It's June's favorite new thing and keeps her occupied for minutes. No, I didn't mean hours. I'm happy with minutes at this point.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

i love the song love shack too, just like Kean!!
love,
maggie

K said...

Bonkers I love it!