Monday, February 01, 2010

Tonight's Dinner Conversation

June: Mama, who is Barack Obamana?

Mama: He's our president. He's the leader of America.

June: So he gets to do everything first?

Mama: Yeah, I guess so. He lives in a big house called the White House with his family.

June: Does it have a bathroom?

Mama: Um, yes, lots of them.

June: This many? (two fingers go up).

Mama: No, more than that. (game continues until she has 10 fingers up.) There are even more than 10 bathrooms.

June: I'd like to live there because it has so many bathrooms.

Three years ago today, we got the call about our little Junebug. Three years later, conversations like this one. Life is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love reading about your conversations with June and cannot wait until I have the opportunity to have some of my own. The dates of June's and Kean's phone calls should have received 'honorable mention' on our customized calendar. The beginning of each month is now welcomed with a precious picture. Love, Monica

K said...

I love to read these conversations. Happy "the call day aka referral day" Oh what an amazing feeling that was and now looks at your wonderful family of 5 (I had to include Pepper in there - lol). Kelly, Mark & Laney